-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: Watermark: Introduce Yourself! [Sticky Post]
barbtries a blog
Sunday, January 07, 2007
 
Watermark: Introduce Yourself! [Sticky Post]
So i was updating my blogroll and happened upon this
invitation to put in my .02. and now i want to
ask the same of you, whoever you may be.

I am afraid however tahgt I have been so
derelict - i have
lost many readers; never had a whole shitload
to begin with you know? so do this? okayWatermark: Introduce Yourself! [Sticky Post]What do you do that you consider
creative? Is it easy, or difficult for you?


i write, and i paint. the writing is sometimes easy which is to
say that it sometimes flows inspired - and i have spent my 51
years writing, reading, studying, etc.
at other times i must labor over a poem for days and longer -
but when i get it the way i want it, i find that i loved that labor.

painting is different - it is not hard because i don't make
it hard. i spread the paint out on the paper. sometimes i
like the result. i am not schooled or trained in art, and
continue to believe that i am primarily a writer and a poet
as opposed to a graphic artist. which makes it doubly ironic
to note that i have sold 4 paintings and while published here
and there through the years, have never earned a cent yet -
not on a poem i wrote.

also i made and raised four children and they are my greatest
accomplishment.

What supports -- or undermines -- your creativity?
the ferment often is born in pain. but nature. gleam in my eye?
i was urged to begin painting as therapy after losing my daughter
- i suppose i would say that my own ego, my insecurity,
undermines that medium.

and even though i will tell you i am a poet and a writer, and i
will mean it, it is again my own ego deficiencies and insecurities
that undermine my writing career as well. with writing it is so
different because with writing, what i want the most of all if
for it to be GOOD, really really GOOD.

If you could give a friend one piece of creative inspiration
(advice, or a poem, or a painting, or a book, or whatever
occurs to you) what would it be


Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski:
your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is a light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
know them.
take them.
you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvelous
the gods wait to delight
in you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion