-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: andy and his grandfather,
barbtries a blog
Saturday, October 14, 2006
 
andy and his grandfather,

my father, who died when i was 13 and consequently never
met the grandchildren that came from me [my mom got to
see john and bekah, and died 5 months after bekah's birth
after suffering a stroke on the day i was due].

we a navy family in large part. not exclusively, but
extensively. my father was on the USS California on Dec 7, 1941, and was on the USS Lexington on
May 7 and 8, 1942.


got out of the war alive and in 1968 went back to Hawaii for a job
opportunity, the rest of the family to follow. dropped dead of a heart
attack 6 weeks into it.

i've not seen hawaii yet. but i do hope to before it's all over.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion