-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: <a href="http://www.nhgazette.com/news/letters/LT_23rd_Qualm21.html">New Hampshire Gazette I Letters I The 23rd Qualm</a>
barbtries a blog
Monday, September 05, 2005
 
New Hampshire Gazette I Letters I The 23rd Qualm
The 23rd Qualm

To the Editor:

Bush is my shepherd; I dwell in want.
He maketh logs to be cut down in national forests.
He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness.
He restoreth my fears.
He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war,
I will find no exit, for thou art in office.
Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.
Thou preparest an agenda of deception in the presence of thy religion.
Thou anointest my head with foreign oil.
My health insurance runneth out.
Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days of thy term,
And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.

Bob Vincent
Rye, NH


i hope this attributes to the original writer of this - in my opinion - brilliant rewrite of that poem we hear at funerals.


happy labor day america from me, rory, and rory's reflection on
our labor day walk...

let your elected officials
know that roberts should not be confirmed to the supreme court

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion