-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: July 6, 2005
barbtries a blog
Friday, July 08, 2005
 
July 6, 2005
Happy Happy Birthday Baby!

I finally put my pen to the
parchment on your 25th birthday,
lying here over your bones as
I've done so many times before,
my bare feet open to the sun
having tromped through the grass
of this graveyard, visiting friends,
mothers of friends, friends of your
brothers, and the son of a friend.

Michele gave me this book to remind
me to POEM.

POEM, poet. Prophet, POEM.

As if the years of a life were
indeed an actual eternity
the paper is true, the pen is friend,
the poem is home.

And I, Bekah, a bereft mother
still alive upon this planet...or would
it be more accurate to say,
coming back to life upon this
planet, shockingly enough,
inhabiting the same skin, depending
upon the beat of the same heart,
working my will from the mess of
the same mind, embodying the
same spirit, as I did four
short and immeasurably long years
ago---? Did I lose my train of
thought, I must check more
frequently these days.

I testify to you Bekah amen -
You whip up something stiffer
than a breeze in this July heat -
I feel you. I need you - you never let
me down.

I hope to redeem your faith in me,
and achieve success before I'm done...
As always Bekah I have to say

I Love You
&
I always will.
Mom

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion