-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: <a href="http://www.geocities.com/bbalesgeo/andybar.html">To Andy on His 21st Birthday</a>
barbtries a blog
Monday, October 25, 2004
 
To Andy on His 21st Birthday

younger days...
Posted by Hello

To Andy on His Bar Mitzvah
I commend you son
(I won't say you're the favorite one)
But I will say this:

You came out of me and were placed
Still wet in my arms
And though you had just weathered

The trauma of your own birth
You gazed at your mother
With a calmness that transcended age.

And for all of these thirteen years
You are the one
Whose affection arrived without judgment

Whose smile was vital
Whose tears stung like leather straps
That whipped me on the inside...

I commend you, son, with love and pride
But no surprise
That was always you
And will always be you.


i'm fallow, wordwise, and the boy is 21 years old today. i love you andy...mom

modern-day, my son in 2004 after his navy boot camp grad
Posted by Hello

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion