-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: it worked!
barbtries a blog
Tuesday, March 02, 2004
 
it worked!


On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:02:31 -0800, "andy zask" wrote:

> > sorry mom, i keep getting distracted. every day, i get this image of you with a new york accent going "andy, call your motha!" but there's always something that gets in the way. usually something lame and worthless, but still a distraction. like video games. or science fiction books. or these weird kids at my barracks that i hang out with(why do i always have weird friends?). i like that paul simon song you sent, i think ill send it to some kids that dont write to me as often as they
should.
> > very melodramatic, i like it. but if it makes you feel any better, i also ignore a lot of the other voices my conscience (sp?) puts in my head. like, "you should go running," or "you shouldn't smoke so much," or "you shouldn't play counter-strike tonight." there's no malice involved, i dont want you to suffer, its just that the payphone and smoke deck
are in opposite directions, and while youre my mother and youll love me no matter what i do, my nicotine addiction is much less forgiving.
> > so, im gonna go take a ride on a little boat sometime soon. fun, fun. ill get to take pictures and write a story about it,
too. well, the story wont be so much about that one boat ride as it will boat rides in general. or rather, boats in general. small boats specifically, in general. yeah. ive said the word "general" so many times the letters have lost all meaning.
> > just as well, in my line of work "admiral" wears the pants. but then, you cant say "in admiral" the way you can say "in
general." im sorry, ive got this friend now you will turn anything into a pun and twist anybody's words just to watch them get pissed ("pissed? pissed your pants? oh man, thats embarassing," e.g.). ive been shopping for a muzzle for him. but in the meantime, its rubbing off on me and i feel the need to make stupid jokes constantly. that bastard.
> > so, ill keep telling myself to call you, and then you can keep telling me to call you, and eventually, ill listen to one or both of us.

> > i love you, take care.
> > Andy


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion