-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: the death of mormor
barbtries a blog
Thursday, March 04, 2004
 
the death of mormor

me taking a picture of the back glass of my 1981 volvo station wagon, Mormor. my brother gave her to me after i totaled my friend bobby's dodge in december 2000. she had over 320,000 original miles and was never wrecked.

until i pulled out of my driveway this morning.



i'm sorry, jim. and sorry mormor. i'm also out of a car, slightly injured, highly stressed, and pretty much of a fuck up.

but it's small potatoes, right? it's a thing. just a thing. if i can lose my girl and keep on going, surely we can all lose mormor and continue to carry on.

just - sigh. too much disaster in this life of mine.

SpaceTramp
kara's prose poem to the end of last month is so good:
I will step out of February today - and bundle it up with straps of solar burlap, to extinguish the gray cast. Let e v e r y detail vanish except its core. It might be useful. Like red hearts of construction paper that splash face up in the middle of a puddle, or the pools of water that fill letters carved with a stick in wet cement. Dick loves Jane. God, let some semblance of light seep in! Even the smiling faces on magazines distort in the rain - sneering at me as I turn back to catch a glimpse of the Sun on a curve of wooden fence. Stranded I watch, like a magnet, waiting for a change in direction.

i shoulda blogged it then, but just read it right now. lovely, space tramp!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion