-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: andy emails from the navy
barbtries a blog
Sunday, January 25, 2004
 
andy emails from the navy
RE: i miss you

hi mom. okay, first things last. im not sure when im getting my phone,
but it should be soon. my internet hasnt been working. which is
to say, my computer isnt working. i dont know, its very strange.
the modem is well lit, implying that its connected. when i go
into network connections, it shows me that ive been connected
for however long, and it shows that ive sent a few packet, i seem
to send like one or two packets every ten minutes, but im not
receiving any. so, i cant connect to anything. cant play counterstrike,
cant use AIM, and for some reason, my navy.org email address
doesnt work on these computers at work(the session automatically
expires). anyway, the navy.org address costs money, ive payed for
a year, and in four months the payment will expire, and damned if
im gonna pay again. so you
may as well get used to writing to this address.

i have a car. its pretty sweet. its a 95 mazda 626 with a
cd player and a high-tech remote locking keychain. oh, and it
drives too.

now, as for hard copy stuff, well i have only one newspaper clip
and, quite frankly, im way too lazy to go to all the effort of
getting an envelope, a stamp, writing two addresses on the envelope,
and finding a mailbox. the rest of my stuff is online. just go on
google and search for Andy Zask. youll find links to some of my
stories, and of course,
links to your own website. oh, and stuff about my uncles Arie and
Ezra and all the people named Andy they happen to work with. and
then a few random people who supposedly have the last name Zask,
but i dont trust them. theres a story on the onion somewhere
about Bill Clinton Googling himself. its pretty funny.

soon i will get a phone, if for no other reason than to sit in
my room and bitch at the cable people till they fix my shit.

k, this vegas christmas thing, im down. i was thinking in october,
my birthday's on a monday, so ill prolly just take one day of leave
for that tuesday, and then i can just walk to the bar down the street
and have a grand old time. ill put down as the reason for my leave:
"hung over."

also, im planning on taking a couple weeks to visit home this summer.
my shop is blessedly overmanned, so getting the leave will be easy. i
only have a few things that need to be done during summer--a new
submarine is getting commissioned, and at some point im [censored].

anyway, it's lunch time, and god knows i cant miss lunch.
love you
Andy

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion