-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: <a href="http://www.locksoflove.org/">Welcome to Locks of Love</a>
barbtries a blog
Friday, December 12, 2003
 
Welcome to Locks of Love

my hair
was cut off two or three days ago in yreka, CA, and sent to this organization by my recently widowed friend. she'd done the same thing shortly before her husband died. when i drove up to be with her following his death one of the first things i noticed was that susan has short hair...her hair was always kept long.

when she told me why she had cut it i could not help thinking about another close friend who is giving ovarian cancer more fits than its used to [and suffering mightily for her trouble], and whose hair as i write is much shorter than my own ear-length remnants.

and it was frizzy, and ratty, and it will grow back. so. i'll post a picture of me with short hair as soon as i get one i like. don't hold your breath. :)

and oh it's been an exhausting week of grief and wonder. i don't know why good people die young. but dread imagining the world without them, and their love. thanks to their love i have faith that what we call death is more on the order of a freeing - losing those mortal weights like skin and bones and disease and blood.

i'm back at home in body but my heart is still hugging susan and the loneliness is intense. however! the people of etna and sawyer's bar are family, and truth be told, i am probably more alone here in this megalopolis of los angeles than susan or her children will ever be up there. all good. i spent more time away from rory than ever yet [and he, me] and am happy we're next to each other again. after i've slept i'll come all the way home, i'm sure.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion