-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: <a href="http://datinggod.blogspot.com/">Dating God</a>
barbtries a blog
Monday, December 22, 2003
 
Dating God
When I look back at the last year of my life, I see that all of the explosions were because I stayed too long at the party...

Wholesale lifestyle changes. just seem to happen in an instant and only in retrospect are all the steps leading up to the change appreciated. Katherine has taken a 180 degree turn in her life and she is going for the future very thoughtfully.

this is a blog that i could see being a book, easily.

katherine's experience reminds me of when my life exploded. i feel like digging up my notebook from the first days at my sister's in lancaster [after having been evicted from the apartment i'd lived in for 7 1/2 years, a calamity which was closely followed by the loss of a job]. i know i had a list of instructions for myself...

i found some of it. not all. i started this post approximately 2 hours ago, been trippin' down memory lane ever since.

sometimes it feels like i get less wise as i grow. must be the effects of too much tragedy...at least i have hope once again, at least i believe the future can spell an improvement in our lives. i've gone almost full circle from the first moments of disbelief, learning bekah was dead, to the realization that death as perceived by us while we are material, mortal beings, is something altogether different than coldness, stillness, absence, degeneration...we spiritual beings are clothed in bones, guts, skin, hair, and when we lose all that, we do not die.

thank you bekah for doing so much to make sure i did not lose that lesson...amen

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion