-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: <a href="http://www.tomacousti.com/bloom.html">Tom Acousti</a>
barbtries a blog
Thursday, October 16, 2003
 
Tom Acousti
Bloom Where You're Planted
Words and Music by Tom Acousti

I’ve heard it said ‘when I was young he held me well’
And I can’t pretend to remember him myself
But in the story Grandma tells
‘When other men were angry and withered in the sand
My Daddy never raved and never ranted’
He just bloomed where he was planted

Tom Acousti ©1998 “All Rights Reserved”


just got my cd yesterday. finding out about tom acousti is all connected to CC, who became my first patron [of the art! WOW]...from the webpage:

Sweet Cicada Pi Music and Tom Acousti have donated all potential profits from the sale of this CD to a self-perpetuating ‘Pay It Forward’ style program to honor the memory of the late, Kenneth R. Hobson II.

For every copy of ‘Bloom’ purchased, two are given away to families who have suffered the loss of a parent. The delivery of these gifts is currently facilitated by Comfort Zone Camps, the nation's largest bereavement camp for children who have experienced the loss of a parent, sibling or primary caregiver.


i'd stumbled onto CC's blog somehow, still haven't figgered just how, and read about how he'd been a fan of Tom Acousti for years and had lost contact for years. at a video shoot one or two months ago, a friend comes up with...tom acousti! knowing that CC was a huge and true fan for years already.

so CC blogged all about this and i clicked over to tom acousti's page and checked out some lyrics and the info on this cd. all of the profits from this cd are dedicated to families with bereft children. i read some lyrics that really touched me, particularly this song:

My Baby's Been Here
Words and Music by Tom Acousti

My baby’s been here
My baby’s been here

Chorus
I never really knew her but to know her name
I held her just once now my forever’s been changed

My baby’s been here
My baby’s been here
There’s a book I will never read to you and birthday’s we can’t bring you to
No mud on your feet from the stream I will not help you through
This swing will not hang from a tree you can’t climb
To rise above this world you’ll never find
But I can write your name on every single page of this book of life
That we will never bind

And I will take care of your mother and I will make you proud
And no one can call you the devil’s martyr
For we will kick and scream and love out loud
Gripping even harder
We will steer when we sing

My baby’s been here
My baby’s been here

Chorus

And we will write your name on every single page of this book of life
That we will never bind

And we will dig deep to recover the only spark of life
Will not stay buried inside our sorrow
For underneath this hatred that we fight
The love we now only borrow
Will fill the air when we sing
My baby’s been here

Tom Acousti ©2000 “All Rights Reserved”


tom's oldest child, a girl, was stillborn. i responded to CC's blog, thinking that perhaps the children at Loved Ones, where i get my grief counseling, could be put on the beneficiary list for the cd. can you imagine an artist so accessible - tom himself emailed me the same day, and sent his phone number so we could talk. now that i have my cd i think i'm ready to call him.

it was all so serendipitous. so internet too. but i am grateful. check out tom acousti, pick up a cd and do a good deed. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion