-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: <a href="http://www.bushisms.com/index1a.html">GeorgeW. Bush, dubya for his hometown budies, and his bushisms</a>
barbtries a blog
Saturday, October 11, 2003
 
GeorgeW. Bush, dubya for his hometown budies, and his bushisms
BEFORE [G]W. WAS (!?) "ELECTED"
Nov. 2, 2000, SEATTLE --"If you don't stand for anything, you don't standfor anything!"
Gov. George W. Bush said to a packed rally at Bellevue Community College on Tuesday night.

"I believe a military of high morale is conducive to keeping the peace..."

"...when we find a senior who has to choose between food and medicine-that's not our vision of America."

"I'm not going to talk about what I did as a child. What I am going to talk about -- and I am going to say this consistently -- [is that] it is irrelevant what I did 20 to 30 years ago. What's relevant is that I have learned from any mistakes I made. I do not want to send signals to anybody that what Gov. Bush did 30 years ago is cool to try." - Gov. Bush in an interview with WMUR-TV in New Hampshire, when asked if he had used "drugs, marijuana, cocaine"

"I don't want nations feeling like that they can bully ourselves and our allies. I want to have a ballistic defense system so that we can make the world more peaceful, and at the same time I want to reduce our own nuclear capacities to the level commiserate with keeping the peace." - Des Moines, Iowa, Oct. 23, 2000

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"If I'm the president, we're going to have emergency-room care, we're going to have gag orders."

"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it."

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president."

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial
profiling, which is illiterate children." - Second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000

"It's going to require numerous IRA agents." - On Gore's tax plan, Greensboro, N.C., Oct. 10, 2000

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."
- In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

"I would have my secretary of treasury be in touch with the financial centers, not only here but at home." - Boston, Oct. 3, 2000

"... I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on foreign oil..." - on the first Presidential debate, 10/03/2000

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy." - Redwood, Calif., Sept. 27, 2000

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected."- Los Angeles, Sept. 27, 2000

"...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas." - On NPR's Morning Edition (9/26)

"Well, that's going to be up to the pundits and the people to make up their mind. I'll tell you what is a president for him, for example, talking about my record in the state of Texas. I mean, he's willing to say anything in order to convince people that I haven't had a good record in Texas." - MSNBC, Sept. 20, 2000

"A tax cut is really one of the anecdotes to coming out of an economic illness." - The Edge With Paula Zahn, Sept. 18, 2000

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia--I never interviewed her." - Orange, Calif., Sept. 15, 2000

"The best way to relieve families from time is to let them keep some of their own money."- Westminster, Calif., Sept.13, 2000

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion