-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: Yahoo! News - HOW BUSH CHEAPENED 9/11
barbtries a blog
Friday, September 12, 2003
 
Yahoo! News - HOW BUSH CHEAPENED 9/11
Yahoo! News - HOW BUSH CHEAPENED 9/11: As I walked home that night, the wind shifted, carrying the smell of 9/11--the familiar overheated electric odor of model trains mixed with burned flesh. It was a tiny hint of what Brooklyn got--the stench, dust and debris floated east for days. 'Everything is different now,' I remember thinking. 'Partisan politics are out the window. Bush is gonna have to rise to the occasion, like FDR did after Pearl Harbor, and we're all going to fight the bastards who did this.' I wondered how this would affect my work. Critiquing the government is my job. That would be tough in a nation united against a common enemy.

A few hundred miles south, the administration of George W. Bush was deciding how to react to the murder of more than 3,000 Americans. Bob Woodward's book 'Bush at War,' based on interviews with Bush and written with the cooperation of his top officials, explains how the White House saw 9/11 as an opportunity--not to pull us together, but to get its way on a long laundry list of partisan agenda items.


over three thousand dead - and all he can think about is what good is it to him.

sickening.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion