-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: jimmy...
barbtries a blog
Thursday, August 21, 2003
 
jimmy...
rewrite from a week or so ago? comments more than welcome :)


Jimmy...

My dream came a poem
Like the poem
I was saying to him:

Lines.
Colorful lines,
Verses, on a page.

When he got up
To break his sweat,
A line fell off of the balcony...

When he got up
To brush his teeth,
A whole verse disappeared in the hall.

I slept the poem peacefully
Only as long as that warm man
Lay beside me.

Finally lost it completely
When Jimmy, dressed, said,
"Gotta get to work."

The poem passed away audibly
As I struggled to consciousness,
Getting out of bed

Before achieving it.
Now Jimmy knows
I'm crazy:

I poem in my sleep
And babble dreams
At daybreak

I wonder if
Jimmy will ever
tell me what I said


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion