-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: the fugue of our correspondence
barbtries a blog
Friday, July 25, 2003
 
the fugue of our correspondence
written in 1996

The Fugue of Our Correspondence

Force, feeling, fear: all self-perpetuating;
The odyssey of our lives will bear it out.
Energy breeds more energy; making
Love makes love, pain makes pain, doubt makes doubt.

Between us two - we alone, me and you -
Perpetuate our best and send it to and fro.
We are partners in pain learning to let it go -
We are lovers again yearning to make it grow.

Of all the begats in the bible,
Only twins hold meaning for me:
Hate begat hate, Jealousy, jealousy,
Love begat love, your love begat me.

Energy in tandem travels twice as far.
Enclosed, our souls compose a fugue spectacular.
Through distance and time our music becomes color,
Rainbows become rhyme; You, me: We...entwine.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion