-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: a found poem? from 05-30-00
barbtries a blog
Monday, July 21, 2003
 
a found poem? from 05-30-00
i found this in my diary while flipping through this morning...it's from may 2000 and i'm playing around with it thinking i like it. but if you read it i would really like knowing what if anything you think about it...:)
thanks


Jimmy...

My dream came a poem
Like the one
I told him about:

Full of lines,
Colorful lines
On a page

When his warmth
Was removed,
Part of the poem

Went with him
Once a line,
Once a full verse.

I slept the poem peacefully
Only as long as that warm man
Lay beside me...

Finally lost it completely
When he did not return
For too long.

The words slipped away
As I struggled to consciousness -
Getting out of bed

Before achieving it.
Now Jimmy knows
I'm crazy -

I poem in my sleep
And babble dreams
At daybreak

I wonder will
Jimmy tell
Me what I said?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion