-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog: 1 Corinthians 13
barbtries a blog
Thursday, July 03, 2003
 
1 Corinthians 13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love, I am only a resounding gong
or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of
prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and
all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can
move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and
surrender my body to the flames, but have not
love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is
kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it
is not proud. It is not rude, it is not
self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it
keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not
delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always
hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
...

i got this off the iccdf, the delphi forums discussion board pertaining to the ICOC , a destructive cult masquerading as a christian church. it is from the new testament i believe, and is just beautiful. what i cannot quite get is how this passage can be in a book that is used to enslave persons spiritually. or how people really come to believe with their whole hearts that this book is the word of god when it is so apparently inconsistent and ambiguous enough to allow faithless people to perpetrate big wrongs in its name, and in the name of jesus christ, who as i understand it was a man who preached peace on earth good will toward men.

eh. what do i know. bekah's birthday is three days away and i have words about that. i have some bones to pick with fate and reality and a wish that cannot be shared in 9 or 10 pt font. so the computer that is attached to the scanner, the one with photoShop and PSP on it, took a major league shit. and i still can't seem to tear my eyes away from the train wreck that is the kip mckean and cohorts cult.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion