-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Friday, May 30, 2003
 
...cause you've been to the hollow...
- Laura Nyro, Lonely Women


what do i know


perhaps I'll never manage
better than bittersweet
maybe no matter what I say
my heart will stalk you like a criminal

what do I know?
So little, so much. I know the hollow
Sweet daughter, I know the hollow

Maybe I'll wake up one morning
Next to a man, crazy about him,
Maybe two hours or even two minutes will pass
Before I recall my bereavement

maybe when I do, I'll smile still,
Think to myself, think to you, what do you think?
Did your mom do good?

What do I know
So much, so little, spaces
Beyond space, places that are not.
Sweet daughter, I know the hollow

Maybe ten years down the road
I'll pop the cork off a bottle of honey wine,
Share it with your grave on the 6th of July,

Just me and your grave,
And your wise soul waiting for wisdom
To place me beside you
What do I know?

So little it's nothing. So much it is all.
Baby girl I know the hollow, and thanks to you,
I learn the full


amen



<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion