-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Thursday, February 27, 2003
 
JuxtaFeelin - free association for everyone!
juxta, juxta, juxta. i do enjoy your writing. this is not the first time you inspired me to go dust off an oldie. i wrote "deargod" in about five minutes almost thirty years ago. and now thanks to juxta, or blame it on juxta! :) - i'm pasting the old bugger to my blog.

deargod

desire...fire...sire...ire...tire...mire...expire
From the rhymes that have no minds inherent
and no coherence or sobriety
free me!
bless me, o whatever you are,
fate, my mate, whom I love and hate,
get me out of these messes with your blesses
and I will be complete
for sure, it will be no mean feat,
to kick my mind in the seat
and show me complete, replete
with a whole new heart
apart from the past
that cannot, must not last.
eh, master?
Can’t you do it any faster?
control my soul to its limits and free it to freedom’s greatest height,
no five foot three (that’s me) but eternity to infinity free,
free...me
please, god, i’m on my knees
basking in the lonelies and the heebee jeebies...
mister, please
oh destiny
free me to love only you and if you love me too
you’ll make my life long you’ll make me be strong
you’ll carry me along
rather easily...
free me, destiny,
master of my fate, my mate throughout life,
i will be a perfect wife if you’ll only, only
let me be me,
free
master
and faster and faster speed me through space
til I glimpse your face and then,
kind sir,
I will be yours

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion