-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Friday, January 10, 2003
 
written two days ago in an attorney's office in long beach, ca
01-08-03

Dearest Bekah – nerves! Shot! Rambo’s husband’s depo. About to begin. Attorneys checking in. Butterflies in my stomach. You on my shoulder. Talked to your father. He’s being deposed himself today. My depo has been taken off calendar. I’m just as glad really.

Though I fantasize saying all the right things. Changing people right where they sit. I don’t have that kind of power especially when the resistance is as great as it is.

I imagine many of them never really enter into the question of right or wrong, just or unjust. They mainly prefer to make arguments based on law and measure their success in wins and losses.

I chose the attorney I chose because he was a pro football player. People who get to the pros have great, huge egos and they hate to lose. But he turned me right over to a different lawyer, one who is good, I’m sure, but for me too focused on the dollars.

most of the rest is notes on the argument that ensued. no meaningful testimony came about from the deposition. i've read rambo's depo now, and imagine it will be very meaningful come trial.

i'd love to think about something else. i have work to do...all i really seem able to do is worry this shit. worry and fret, fret and worry.


...Breathe! I want to JUMP up and HIT the bastard. Fuck with him! Cold motherfucker.
her lawyer wants to terminate this deposition right now. Will move for continuance, pending a court order....

Objection. Stipulation -

done.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion