-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Wednesday, January 29, 2003
 
Bekah, Someday written on 10-26-01, just over three months after she was murdered.


Bekah, Someday


Someday I will fill the silence
Your absent voice inhabits
Someday I will share your lost laugh
And fly with you upon it.

Thrust early and unwillingly toward
Every true issue, forcing my way
To nether worlds away

From the terrible quiet
Where your noises used to be.
Cleaving to remembered sneezes,
Filling up on your choice of words,

I am an engine breaking down
At too many corners.

Knowing too well
The emptiness in the street,
Your even breathing during sleep
A vacuum now, an avenue.

Must I apologize when I admit
I crave your white light Bekah?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion