-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Wednesday, November 13, 2002
 
i love this picture of bekah with her head back and her shades on her head. it was taken by joe, i believe, a few years ago.
after i talked to bekah's father about the DA's lies and what we might be able to do about it, i went to the cemetery and told bekah we were going for it. she kicked up a strong wind and blew it at me, and i felt she was saying, "good. go for it mom."
when i walked up to her grave on her 22nd birthday it was july 6, the height of summer, 11 am...as i approached her grave to see her headstone for the first time [sobbing], a wind came up and blew on everyone there, about 30 of us, i suppose. i said, "Bekah's here."
after she died the first thing i said to her father when he showed at my door with andy in tow was, "we can't do anything for bekah anymore." i was wrong. i will pursue the wrong the DA did for bekah, for myself, for my surviving children [that they know right from wrong and that we should stand for right, even if we lose], and for another victim as yet unnamed. cross my fingers hope to die and live my days with my head held high. amen


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion