-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Saturday, October 19, 2002
 
I picked my grandsons up from their other grandma's house this afternoon before going to the cemetery. The kids had been to a halloween carnival and were sporting tattoos, and their "gigi" asked to see mine...

the picture is not good but it is about as good as i am able. Her big brother devoted his entire right forearm to the memorialization of his sister, having a turtle with angel wings captioned on the top, "Rebekah," and on the bottom, "An angel in heaven."

So we went to the cemetery and thanks again to their "gigi" i have finally got her headstone looking almost good. The product that apparently will facilitate the removal of waterspots is called "Zap!" as i recall [it's in my car so i can't say for certain].

We stayed for awhile, Tyler asleep in his car seat the entire time. When we left i did not head straight out the gate, but took a short driving tour of a fairly large cemetery. Micah and i spotted a squirrel. as we were turning to leave for home, a few notes of a special song drifted from the radio, and i turned it up to hear, "Ooh Child," which could make me cry before bekah died and which i played at her birthday memorial July 6, 2002.

I sang along and cried...uncharacteristically, the song was broken up by static consistently throughout. i thought i wonder if bekah is trying to tell me she's here? Paul told me about how his radio had suddenly gotten static-y during a special song. Adding to my feeling that i was hearing from Bekah, when I got into the car earlier "wherever you will go" was already playing. Since the first time i heard that song it's been bekah.

"Ooh Child" ended and another song began. The static went away. bingo. i began phrasing this here blog post in my mind: "i got a new adddition to the Bekah Church of Wonder Catalogue of Post-Mortem Unexplained Phenomena and Amazing Small World Stories today...."

i thought about faith, and skepticism. thought that of the people who would read about bekah playing songs for me on the radio and interfering with the reception, some would probably laugh at me, some might feel sorry for me ["poor mother she is grasping at straws"], and some might just shrug thinking, whatever. defending my belief for the skeptics in my mind all i could think is, I take it where i find it...i am only thankful for my open mind, that lets me find it in places that would be ignored by others. then van morrison began singing in my head:

"Take it where you find it
Can't leave it alone
You will find a purpose
To carry it on
Mainly when you find it
Your heart will be strong
About it "

The Van Morrison Website

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion