-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Tuesday, September 24, 2002
 
PVE weighs measure to stamp out localism at surf beaches

Man, they've gotta do something. my 53-year-old brother put up with it, my 48-year-old brother too, and my 26-year-old son was nearly arrested after he left Hagerty's [maybe hagerty's, maybe the spot further up the road which the name escapes me at the moment] so frustrated by the locals he grabbed the backpack of one and kept it...this was maybe ten years ago.

john was well enough known from manhattan to PV to be identified by the "victim" who tried to have charges pressed...but the police backed down when i told them why john did what he did: he'd been harassed out of the water by the punk locals.

that obnoxious attitude really pisses me off. it is the PACIFIC OCEAN. largest body of water on the face of the earth. and it is MINE, not all MINE, but MINE, and my son's, and so on, and so on, and so on.

John surfing, Manhattan Beach, approx. 1990

when John was born i lived in a one-room subterranean apartment adjacent to the RB fire dept in south Redondo beach. On easter after his birth - he was about 4 months old - i walked him down to the beach at Pearl Street. I said to him, "This is the Pacific Ocean, Johnny, and it's yours."

Screw anyone who says otherwise.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion