-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Thursday, August 08, 2002
 

I've been painting, in watercolors. A friend from grief counseling talked me into picking up some paints and brushes a couple of weeks ago and in the past week or two i have really gotten into it.

I'm not an artist; can't draw a straight line or a person's likeness that approximates that person's looks. can't draw a sign in the road!?An Amateur Mourning Map for Mothers of the Recently Murdered is a poem i wrote not long after Bekah died. Today while tinkering over the above watercolor [the blob on the right is courtesy of one of the pride of small lions who are less civilized daily, but that's a different post entirely], i recalled that poem.

I thought about Shock Summit, which is where "mourning begins" according to my poem, and how the Hills of Horror ensue after Shock Summit, then the mortuary, after which the bereaved mother of a murder victim enters hell. And i thought about having a sign right there, and what it might say. Not just to the mothers, but to anyone.

But it is a true fact that I am not an artist by trade, vocation, or avocation. So i turned the picture over to try and make a sign. fortunately! tomorrow maybe i'll share the flip side of this picture. right now, i'm falling out.

sleep tight blog world...:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion