-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Thursday, August 29, 2002
 
It Doesn't Hurt [ThoughtCafe]
song - if only i knew how to make music....

8/29/02 5:02:13 AM

Grey

Questions my companions, and cats.
We make art, not me.
Wonder saves my soul from atrophy,
Wonder buoys my brain and
Keeps it bobbing, alive on flux.

Flux and questions comprise the tide
ceaseless as any I have witnessed.
I stand on the sand and I’m rocking
Grief to sleep in my arms.

The world turns sideways;
I wonder on night. I’ve not managed
The black as well as the light,
Or the light as well as the black,
or the grey that leaks into
and out of the days like water –

Grey flows warm flux. Inevitable
as any tide, any sunrise,
any turtle in any sky.
Full of itself offered a medium.

See what can you do
with grey

Hand me a brush, we’ll paint.
We’ll see.
amen




© Barbara Bales 1970-2002 all rights reserved



<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion