-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Sunday, August 11, 2002
 
the first time, Paul, Rory, and i had gone to El Segundo Beach. It was major windy that day...we flew Rory's kite, I wrote Bekah's name in the sand, and we stayed to watch the sunset.

There it was...a huge turtle sculpted in the clouds in front of us, white, pink, yellow. I thought, oh, i'm reaching big-time here, but I'm Bekah's mom and if i wasn't crazy they'd worry about me. When i told Paul i see a turtle in the clouds he immediately said, "So do I."

Then i felt that much stronger: Bekah put that turtle there for Paul and i to share. Several weeks later she did the same thing as Rory and i were gazing from the balcony. When Rory went back inside, Bekah turned the turtle into a pink heart as it drifted into just another cloud....

"Bekah Sunset"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion