-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Saturday, July 27, 2002
 
Sign in - Yahoo! Games
This place has kept me from blogging, working on my book, writing anything new, sleeping...and i'll have to make this post short so i can get back to it.

Literati - addictive for sure. it'll wear off after awhile.

in the meantime andy's joined the navy. he called thursday night and said, "my new job is okay, but the reason i called is to tell you that my recruiter is on his way to pick me up."

they put the recruits up in a hotel somewhere in LA; there was a phone in their room, but according to Andy, they were forbidden to use it. Its purpose was for the wake-up call that came at 3 a.m. yesterday morning.

his recruiter actually coughed up $20 to help andy be sure all went well. and all went well. i guess, well...he called again last night and said, "I'm in the Navy."

so my baby's going away to the navy, following in the footsteps of his Grandpa Frank, who i am so sure is hanging out with loved ones passing out high fives with pride. that was all i could say to andy, "Your grandfather is so proud of you right now."

actually so am I. with mixed feelings, terribly mixed feelings...sending positive thoughts to my boy with love...amen



<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion