-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Monday, June 10, 2002
 
SWiSH Movie - mysecond.swi - www.swishzone.com
I'm making Flash Animations now...ooh ya i am so cool.

Just almost kidding. This is my very first flash animation and if you do click on it you will see it does not quite add up to "Citizen Kane" as far as movies go.

But this is the very coolest thing about it : I did not have to put out hundreds of dollars for a macromedia application to do it. The program is called SWiSH - Create Flash without Flash, i did manage this animation with almost no instruction whatsoever [and i have lots to learn, and will do all the tutorials], and you can try it for 15 days free.

Then it's fifty bucks. I mean, I think I'm going to buy it! I'm poor and cannot afford Macromedia even though I have the highest esteem for their products. And with this program I was actually able to see something approximating what I wanted to see in a relatively short period of time.

Remember your first database, or publishing program, or what have you? Man I do. When I finally forced myself away from my sister's PC to have a cigarette, my lips were dry and cracked, and much to my surprise it was LIGHT outside. I offer this tale because I have a feeling that the flash I made this morning may have taken a couple minutes longer than it felt.

SWiSH.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion