-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Saturday, June 08, 2002
 
My Bloginality is INTP

i have to admit the personality type does seem to fit. though it didn't mention that i would not MIND popularity! i just don't seek it per se. not counting my growing list of links...lol

ok. it's true. i want to be liked, read, understood, respected, even loved. i took care of the being "myself" a while back, so long ago i scarcely remember a time i wasn't myself. and understood and have continued to understand that being myself precludes - not necessarily popularity - but certainly universal approval. and have been okay with that.

the trick is to be self-referred. i know my worth, or at least i strive to know it. from inside myself, not from outside myself. strokes still feel good, but cannot be what i base my image of myself upon. well shit if i did for one thing i would have committed hari kari some time ago. but also because in terms of mental health self-referral is just better, that's all. we've probably all heard that to love another you must love yourself. i don't even believe that; however i do believe that to fulfill a love for another you must love yourself, and that will happen when you do recognize that you do have worth. you are unique. your point of view may be different but that does not mean it is wrong...etcetera.

i'm bandying around "i" and "you" - for me, it is me. for you is you. comment...i'm philosophizing off the top of my silly head and must have input from outside myself or will never know if my points are valid...


lololol rolling on the keys laughing digitally.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion