-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Monday, May 20, 2002
 
Walk Away

"...biblical Christianity is all a devious psychological rigmarole, ingeniously designed to make people compliant."

This man was born a Jew and went all the way to a conservative theological seminary before realizing the above.

I call myself a spiritual seeker, and as in many aspects of my life I am going about my seeking in what could be termed a back-assward sort of way. I would not have it otherwise. Dogma chills me to the bone. Fundamentalism of any stripe is scary shit.

I believe in the soul, and in life after death. That god was invented by people. That there is no why. That love is the answer. My faith is based in love and it is love that saves me from despair. amen

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion