-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Wednesday, May 15, 2002
 
Driver in deadly crash pleads guilty

this driver was called "wild bill"

the driver who murdered bekah was called "rambo"

this driver is going away for 39 years

the driver who murdered bekah is going away for 4

he'll be out in 34 years

she'll be out in 2

he killed 3 people

she killed 1 beautiful Bekah

what is bekah's life worth?

he was arrested at the scene of the crime

she sped away from the scene of the crime and was arrested hours later asleep in her own bed

he pled guilty and never wanted to do otherwise

she pled "no contest" as her attorney read a bunch of bullshit into the record, including that she was not accepting blame or fault! [then why was she volunteering for a four year prison sentence? If I was accused of a murder I didn't commit, I would be EAGER to be tried by a jury of my peers. Just my opinion...]

he looked at the families of his victims and apologized over and over

she shook her head "no" and cried for her own sorry self as eight surviving victims delivered victim impact statements to the back of her pathetic head, and never said a word of her own

his lawyer said all he has ever wanted to do is plead guilty for what he did

her lawyer went into the hall of the courtroom and trashed my daughter for the media, not once but twice. Morals? Ethics? JUSTICE? or, money?

I will never know. Bekah's case was adjudicated behind closed doors out of earshot of even a court reporter. Why did the DA capitulate and even lie to Bekah's family? I think I could get a conviction and I am not even a lawyer...he did not even object or ask the judge to make her plead guilty. He did not even hold out for a reasonable sentence. And he lied to us. Made us parties to this travesty.


i'm glad to see that justice happens. but motherfucker am i bitter that bekah cannot have it! when did she become chopped liver?! NO, no, that is not right, she was not and is not chopped liver! She was every bit as human and deserving of her life as the victims in this terrible case.
it is not right. not right

this is the bitter pill i keep choking on. help me powers that be beyond this fucked up world amen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion