-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Thursday, April 11, 2002
 
ThoughtCafe

a little ego masturbation i posted this morning...how can i be the only writer who finds writing so necessary and such an object of love and passion that i have been inspired dozens of times to simply write about the writing?

i cannot believe that; and really, i know it's not so...neruda did. others too.

i call the post an ego masturbation because it includes several poems that i cannot on my ego-healthiest day say are "good" but i wanted to share them anyway, because i like them anyway.

whatever. this is what being a writer means to me. think a 3rd grader standing up in class to give an oral report. this is what being a writer means to me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion