-Get Firefox! join the tribute to the victims of 9/11Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator barbtries a blog
barbtries a blog
Tuesday, April 16, 2002
 
i'm lifting the following off a grief message board where i had posted it back in november [i just did a websearch for my daughter's name because i found a site where i can light a virtual candle for her but wanted to be sure i did not already]:

three weeks after bekah died i rememebered that i dreamt she died years earlier. on the morning after i had that dream i wrote in my diary, "I'm glad my dreams aren't prophetic," because my mom
and sister are psychic.
i never dreamt it again and was essentially oblivious right up until the second i was told bekah was dead.
it seems that bekah had premonitions...i found this poem, which was apparently written within 48 hours of bekah's death, the night after she was run over, dragged down the street, and dumped in a huge pool of blood to die while her killer drove home and went to sleep:

I've never felt like This before,
What the hell is going on?
My brain is going, going &
Going
My body is going, too
What the hell is happening
to me, is my life through?
I've never felt like This
before. My head keep falling down
Oh my God, what's going on?
here? My head is picking up sounds
Sounds that aren't really
There, the room was silent & empty
Have I finally crossed the
line This time, This is really scary
This numbness is strong, it
feels like it's killing me
What the hell could this be


Rebekah-Marie Bales Zask, © 1980-2001 all rights reserved

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Who am i, what am i
A picture's worth

moon phases
 

<!-- the ageless project -->

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

BlogSnob

I stand on the sand, and I'm rocking grief to sleep in my arms.


issues
Poetry roll
Comments by: YACCS Powered by Blogger

www.flickr.com

Get Flash


I play poker at Poker.com
The current mood of barbtries at www.imood.com blog explosion